Environmental site assessment (ESA) is a detailed evaluation of a site that is potentially contaminated with hazardous or toxic substances to determine the extent of remediation required to remove or reduce the contaminants. There are three phases of ESA namely:
- Phase I ESA
- Phase II ESA
- Phase III ESA
Phase I ESA: is a non-intrusive evaluation of a site based on the current and historical activities that have taken place on and around the site. The followings are the services you will enjoy from Generative HSE Inc:
- Assessment of present condition or state of the site.
- Review of historical information including previous industrial activities, land use titles, environmental infractions or concerns, records of reportable spills, searches, historical aerial photographs etc.
- Information gathering through the performance of randomized interviews of current occupants and neighbours within predetermined radius.
- Assessment of surrounding properties and industrial activities pertinent to the area.
- Development of business environmental risk management (where applicable or required).
- Determination of potential contaminant pathways and receptors.
- Written technical report that details observations, findings and recommendations.
Phase II ESA: is an intrusive evaluation of a site that requires collection and analysis of environmental samples to determine the presence and type of contaminants as per applicable standard. The followings are the services you will enjoy from Generative HSE Inc:
- Initial review of phase I ESA
- Sample collection of surface water, soil, groundwater and air (where necessary).
- Laboratory analysis of samples to identify specific contaminant on the site
- Quantitative analysis of raw data, modeling of data and interpretation of analyzed data
- Written technical report that details observations, findings and recommendations
Phase III ESA: This involves the investigation of the nature, extent, potential risks to public health and environment and development of strategy to remediate contamination identified during Phase II ESA. The followings are the services you will enjoy from Generative HSE Inc:
- Review of phase II ESA
- Determine nature and potential risks posed by contaminants
- Site delineation to understand contaminants distribution.
- Determine of directional flow of groundwater to establish contaminants pathways and potential receptors
- Notify appropriate regulatory body
- Provide technical report that details observations and findings
- Develop remedial action plan